Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How Many Cases of MREs Do You Own?

So, you may have came to this post through a search engine, or you may have just happened upon it. Either way, I ask you, "How many cases of MREs do you own?"

WAIT.... I know what you are thinking. You are either:

1) Hording your shelf stable food already and understand the importance of this post.
2) Have no idea why you should have a ready supply of food available.

So let's address this. First, I'd like to start off by saying, I have no vested interest in MREs, companies that manufacture or package components, or the young enlisted folks trying to sell their field rations on eBay.

I could give you a bunch of scientific facts about the economy's bleakness. I could point out that precious metals are reaching an all-time high with no signs of stopping. I could even show you the families in your neighborhood who are being evicted out of their homes. BUT what would that PROVE?

Would it show you that as the dollar is devalued, as we print more money than our country can back with GOLD or even more than our GDP, that items such as FOOD may become unavailable for general purpose.

So what do you do if you are the middle-aged, middle-high income man, who has maybe seen 3 fist fights in his life, gets assaulted by the young, low-income petty-violent criminal who can no longer afford to feed himself because food prices have sky-rocketed. Your home is invaded, your shelves emptied, or even worse, your joy at finding a country store with some cans of beans disappears as the "I found it first" basic courtesy you are accustomed to is laid by the wayside by a mob of stronger, more desperate, no-income (now) people.

I don't know if my rambling is making sense at this point, or if you are even getting it. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm only addressing Scenario 2, because trust me, you need a contingency plan. If you are a member of the better-safe-than-sorry Scenario 1 crowd, keep on going. Do I believe in the total collapse of our economic and government structure in the near future? No. But do I want to be the person who is too late to the show with no secondary plan? Nope.


God Help Us All, Because No One Else Is

Signing off with my first of many to come posts,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment