Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Debt and Education Vouchers

Yet again, I spin a tweet into a blog as I said something off the top of my head that would yield continued discussion. I said:

The only Education Vouchers we'll receive from the Gov'ment are IOUs apologizing for the quality of our kid's public school system. (two posts of course.)

Interesting thought?

Even more interesting is the fact that we are building debt at a record pace, only to pass it along to future generations of Americans! WAIT.... if you are stuck in the "me" mentality, why care? Otherwise, you are probably wondering how that will be possible when we are reducing the funding available to school systems across the country. Think about it. Staff are being laid off, programs are being cut, it is ALL OVER THE NEWS.

So, fathom me this one batman, how will a future generation of less-educated youth going to hold the jobs or initiative to increase the GDP to a level where they can afford to pay off this (interest acquiring) debt.

Do you want to talk about a conundrum? Why is it that our country spends more money on every incarcerated criminal per year than every child attending a public school? I could go on and on about criminal spending, but I'll save that for another day, another blog.

God Help Us, Because No One Else Will

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment